Do you live and breathe Virtual Reality? Would you like to bring new ideas into the strategic and systems team of DisplayLink?
This is a rare opportunity to use your proven commercial software development experience in VR related products and carry out research, investigations and prototyping to maximise the potential of the DisplayLink technology in the world of virtual reality.
Your initial focus therefore will be to develop innovative and fun virtual reality experiences which utilize our ultra-low latency wireless tracking and display technology.
We are looking for an experienced VR/game developer and a generalist who is comfortable with all aspects of game programming / virtual reality applications.
Any motion control development experience or video codec experience would be a big plus. Most importantly, you should be a proactive self-starter who thrives in a small company environment where they can take on the greater responsibilities involved.
• Prototype, design, and implement new virtual reality engine APIs
• Tackle ANY necessary programming tasks required to ship fully working demos of the new VR APIs
• Review new product requirements, provide feedback, and contribute to project planning activities
• Game / VR development industry experience leading to the launch of successful products
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, or Engineering or equivalent experience
• Solid commercial experience using C/C++
• Virtual Reality development experience (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR, or Gear VR)
• Game network programming experience
• UE4, Unity, Source Engine, or CryEngine development experience
• Motion control development experience, e.g. HTC Vive, Oculus Touch, Razer Hydra, Sony Move, Microsoft Kinect, Nintendo Wii
• Passion for video games and virtual reality
• General systems experience across Hardware and Software