How to identify the DisplayLink software version installed
ID: 40 - Updated: Apr 30, 2010 - Category: None
DisplayLink software installs multiple signed drivers and
host software. When reporting the DisplayLink version, the version of
DisplayLink Core Software should be given. Please use the methods below to
obtain the driver version, rather than the signed driver versions. This is
because signed drivers do not always change version between software
releases, therefore are not unique to a particular release.
To identify the version of software installed on Windows 2000/XP
- Open Add/Remove Programs from Windows Control panel
- Locate the "DisplayLink Core Software"
- Click on it, then click "Click here for support
- The dialog box that comes up gives the version number. In the example
below it is 4.1.6232.0
To identify the version of software installed on Windows Vista/Windows
- Open "Uninstall a program" under Programs and Feature in
- Locate the "DisplayLink Core Software" and view the
To identify the version of software installed on Mac OS
- Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu
- Click on More Info...
- In the Contents sidebar select Extensions from the Software section
- Scroll the list to reveal the DisplayLinkDriver extension
< Back to Knowledgebase