Known issues with DisplayLink on OS X 10.9 and 10.10 (Mavericks & Yosemite)
ID: 354 - Updated: Dec 16, 2014 - Category: Troubleshooting
This article details the known issues with DisplayLink displays with
The following issues have been found on OS X 10.9 and 10.10 and do
have a resolution
- Second DisplayLink display connected may be blank.
- Setting rotation on one display rotates a different screen.
- Some applications can show corruption and/or missing contents while
updating windows contents. Examples are Maps, iBooks and the Dock.
- Display arrangement is not kept when using 2 or more DisplayLink
- All screens black and unusable after unplugging a DisplayLink
This is caused by Apple's Window server crashing. This can be recovered
replugging the DisplayLink device.
- On the Retina Macbook Pro, changing the layout to mirror logs the
out. Again this is caused by Apple's Window server crashing.
- Apple menu icon misplaced on DisplayLink screens
We now have a 2.2 beta that should give a much better OS X 10.9
experience when used with a single DisplayLink display. This 2.2 beta
resolves the previous known issue that some applications can show
flickering on DisplayLink screens.
DisplayLink use standard Apple interfaces to integrate into OS X to
additional USB graphics displays and obtain screen updates.
there are still issues preventing us providing a good user experience
multiple DisplayLink displays on OS X 10.9. We are still working with
to try and get a resolution to these issues.
DisplayLink has raised these bugs to Apple, but if you are a
affected by these problems, please also raise these bugs to Apple to
show fixes are required and it is affecting end users using DisplayLink
< Back to Knowledgebase