Known issues with DisplayLink on 10.8 Mountain Lion
ID: 333 - Updated: Oct 2, 2013 - Category: Troubleshooting
When installing DisplayLink software on Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion), some
known issues can occur.
Many of these issues are due to bugs in the Operating System, exposed
when additional DisplayLink drivers are installed. A list of
the known issues are listed below:
- Screen sometimes blank or not updating after Mac sleep.
- Missing or wrong desktop background image after connecting DisplayLink
- Cover flow could flicker on a DisplayLink display, when scrolling
The following issues have been fixed by Apple in 10.8 OS updates:
- Kernel panic when using Bluetooth devices. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.1.
- Screensaver may start running unexpectedly. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.2.
- Kernel Panic on USB 3.0 with DL-3000 devices. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.2.
- Safari browser crashing. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.2.
- The login screen is missing. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.3.
- Applications flickering on DisplayLink screens. Fixed by Apple in
- Finder or other applications can crash or not able to launch. Fixed by
Apple in 10.8.3.
- DisplayLink Audio not working on USB 3.0. Work around is to use a USB
2.0 cable if audio is required. Fixed by Apple in 10.8.5.
DisplayLink recommend using DisplayLink software v2.0 or later and
updating to OS X 10.8.5 to avoid these issues.
< Back to Knowledgebase